Wednesday, November 11, 2015

HI JACK!! :-)


We don't have any kids...but if we HAD a son, we'd be over-the-moon with pride if that son were even 1/2 the kid this guy is! We've had people thank us for the videos, of course, & that's always nice to hear but we have NEVER had a player go out of their way to actually CALL US long distance to share their good news!! This brought & still brings happy tears to my eyes: "Hello, HIGH-TECH TENNIS! This is Jack Pyritz. I'm about to sign with the Citadel & I just wanted to thank you guys for all the years of support!! I couldn't have done it without you!!" AWW!

Wish we had a pic from the day we met @ Southern Closed 10s in 2007 <do not> :( That was when 10yo JACK PYRITZ of Wake Forest, NC retrieved my pretzels from the group of 10yo players who thought it was funny to grab 'em & run... Not only that, Jack actually SCOLDED the boys about how it wasn't very nice of them to do that, particularly when I'd been enough to bring & share my pretzels with them in the first place!!! He's been my personal hero since that day & through countless discussions about the pros/cons of being an entrepreneur <He was the founder of Pet Rocks, Inc> :) I still have the rock he gave me when the tourney folks @ the Cary Tennis Park were giving him grief about having no license & telling him he had to shut down his small table of rocks. When I insisted he was with us, Jack wrote me a note that said: "Thank you for saving my business!!" AWW!

Soo many other stories come to mind when I think about Jack...way too many to list here but our new friend Coach Chuck Kriese @ the Citadel must have caught a glimpse of what we've known all along: JACK PYRITZ <shown above @ Tennis Club At Springhurst​ w/ little sis Tiffany> is an amazing kid... More than that, he's an AMAZING HUMAN BEING & WE WISH HIM ALL THE VERY BEST!!

UPDATE: Check out our favorite cadet @ the Citadel!!!


Tennis is a GAME, not rocket science & junior players are CHILDREN, not mini-professionals. Junior tennis is a JOURNEY, not a destination... YOU MIGHT AS WELL ENJOY IT!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home