Friday, March 9, 2012

End of DAY 1


So the day started at 3:45am eastern time and is now ending at 11:48pm eastern time. I'm beat. Yesterday while watching my students Emma and Earl play in a bullfrog in Macon, GA the winds were 15-20 mph. I thought that was rough, until today hitting with Jelena we had 50-60 mph.  We practiced right next to Monfils and Bogomolov.  I had one racket and broke that string early on in the hit, so I tried her racket and then proceeded to hit the next couple of forehands over her head. I think she got a kick out of it because there were a bunch of people standing right behind the court and she turned and said something to them about my control.
Jelena is going to practice in the morning at 9 with Cibulkova. I have tons of pictures of her from the open this past year. Very small girl with tons of power with great loading on her groundstrokes....hear that Emma. I got some pictures today but I don't want to feel like a tourist so I do it at the end of the day. Gasquet and Jo Willy were playing together so I had to get some of Jo Willy for Earl.

Jelena plays on Friday her first round against the winner of Hampton (USA ) and Hercog (SLO). I'm going to go and watch that match after her hit. Jelena is also in the doubles and plays her first match 4th court on Stadium 2 after 11am. That should be around 7pm east coast time. Time for bed signing off at midnight back east.
Jerry

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home