Tuesday, June 9, 2015

ALL COACHES ARE NOT EQUAL

#1 Coach

At HIGH-TECH TENNIS, you may know that we record over 1,000 match play videos each year to help junior tennis players achieve their training goals. We are in our TENTH YEAR <wowow!!> & according to our high-tech calculator (LOL), there are well over 9,000 match play videos out there --- courtesy of HIGH-TECH TENNIS!! Take a moment to let that sink in... almost impossible to believe but TRUE!! :)

As we travel throughout the Southern Section, we have met 100s of coaches & we are well aware that ALL COACHES ARE NOT EQUAL. We're not talking about their ability to teach tennis --- we're not qualified to judge that. Instead, we're talking about something that's soo close to our hearts --- how they feel about using one of the most important tools out there to help their students improve: V-I-D-E-O! 

Consider these three random coaches:

COACH BILL TYM IN TENNESSEE

Coach Tym has asked us to record every match for every one of his students because he so fully believes in the power of video to help him help his students. While waiting for a match to begin, I had a wonderful conversation w/ a father of a young lady from TN last weekend. He commented that Coach Bill TYM constantly refers to specific points from specific matches in our videos as a way to help his daughter improve. This father insisted that the coach spends hours of his own <unpaid> time & he feels soo lucky that his daughter/his family are learning such valuable life lessons from such a wonderful coach. Finally, this father shared with me that Coach Tym had forwarded a recruit video we just prepared for another student because he said he wanted her to use it as inspiration!! :) Here are direct quotes from Coach Tym:
  • "I consider myself a doctor of tennis. Just as a doctor uses x-rays to help him see causes of potential health problems, your videos help me identify areas for improvement in my student's tennis game."
  • "I'm delighted to see my student taking full advantage of your excellent services..... You do a great job and you certainly help me do the job I need to do to help my student become the player she wants to be.  THANK YOU for your outstanding Professional Services!"

COACH DAVID MARQUINA IN NORTH CAROLINA

Coach David has shared his appreciation for the opportunity to review the videos w/ his players, particularly if he was unable to personally watch the match. Here's a direct quote from Coach David:
  • "Video is such a great tool to have as a coach, it's a great tool to have as a parent & it's a great tool to have as a player because you can always go back. Instead of thinking of the match as just the outcome, I tell my players to think of it as a performance. I encourage a lot more players and coaches to use this tool and obviously it's wonderful to have HIGH-TECH TENNIS performing such a valuable service for junior tennis!"

COACH CRAIG JONES IN GEORGIA

Coach Craig knows how valuable the videos are & that's why he's invited us down to his academy & his summer tennis camp for the past 8 straight years. He always encourages his players to purchase at least one video whenever they see us at tournaments & not only that --- I have not personally met another coach who cares more about his students than Coach Craig! Whenever I interview his students, they kids inadvertently say the same thing: "Coach Craig is like a 2nd father to me!!" Here's a direct quote from Coach Craig:
  • "I care about these kids so much that some of them move in & stay at my house!!! We're growing up together & I really fall in love with these kids!!
OF COURSE we encourage players to review their matches w/ their coach, their family or by themselves but more than a few players have told us that their coach refuses to watch the video... When asked by parents what they should do, hope I wasn't wrong when I suggested they might want to find another coach!!

What do YOU think about this???

Shout out to all the other excellent coaches out there whose names we have not mentioned...

Thanks for your support!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home