Tuesday, June 9, 2015

C'MON, PARENTS!!

tell-the-truth-quote

As you know, we are 1000% dedicated to helping junior players achieve their recruiting & training goals & we travel to approximately 30 tennis tourneys throughout the southeast each year. Believe it or not, you better believe we see & hear some unbelievable things...like these:
  • "I'm buying a video so my daughter's coach can rip her a new one!!!"~Mother
    "Oh my! How old is your daughter & has she ever been to the Mobile Tennis Center before?"~Me
    "She's 10 & no, she's never been here before!!!"~Mother
    "Well, she's 2 years younger than her opponent & this facility can be pretty overwhelming to a young player when it's their first time here!"~Me
    "That's no excuse!! She played like she's NEVER played tennis before in her life!!! She was just AWFUL!!!"~Mother
  • "My daughter just lets her opponents cheat her. I've told her over & over that she needs to cheat them back or at least call her opponent to the net & let her know that she sees what she's doing, but she just won't do it. We like it so much better when she plays pro tourneys because at least they have line judges so there's no cheating or gamesmanship. I am SOOOOO angry & have written SOOOOO many letters to the USTA --- all to no avail."~Mother
    "I'm proud of her that she doesn't cheat back or sink to playing gamesmanship games. Your daughter has integrity, which means so much more than just winning a tennis match."~Me
    "Yeah, well not really! I am so angry that none of the officials do their jobs & my poor daughter gets cheated almost every time she plays a tournament!!"~Mother
  • "Now that you've had to withdraw due to injury, I hope you'll give your body a chance to heal."~Me
    "No way. I'm going to play a pro tourney next weekend! I wish I could rest but you should tell my mom not to sign me up for everything!!"~Junior
  • "My son played really bad because he has so much on his mind with college and everything."~Father
    "You don't need to make an excuse. If he lost, he lost & anyway, it's just tennis!"~Me
    "We came all this way for nothing!"~Father
  • "My brother cheats his way through home school & he's about 2 months behind on his studies because he's always playing tournaments & he doesn't have time for school."~Sister
    "That's awful!! I bet your parents would be furious if they knew!!"~Me
    "No, they know & they don't seem to care."~Sister
  • "Are you having fun at the tournament?"~Me
    "NO!!! I lost!!!"~13yo Junior
    "Well, at least you came to the tournament & I'm sure you learned something from your matches, right? Have you talked to your coach?"~Me
    "Yeah - My coach said I'm too good to get rounded but I did."~Junior
  • "I never get involved but my son got a code violation for saying GOSH. He didn't say GOD!"~Mother
    "Ma'am, the official on the court clearly heard your son say GOD."~Head Ref
    "Your official must be out to get my son!"~Mother
  • "As I told you 8 years ago, what you are doing is perfectly legal & I'm glad you haven't let anyone convince you otherwise! It's soooo nice to see you & please come to the FL State Closed & please use my name as a parent who wants to order more Match Play & College Recruit Videos!!"~Judge, father of now 17yo & big fan of HTT
  • "Dear Heavenly Father .........."~Junior & parents, standing in a circle w/ hands clasped, praying before her 8AM match
  • "My best friends's mom was a real DRAMA MAMA during her match & we're gonna see the whole thing on video!!"~Junior
    "DRAMA MAMA - I've never heard that one before!!"~Me
    "Well, it's true!!!"~Junior
The very last thing we want to do is generate any controversy whatsoever... 


We are shining a light on things we see & hear because we truly hope it'll bring about positive change. We will never reveal names or locations because we don't want to cause problems.



THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home